Here is a beautiful homemade body lotion bar recipe. Quick and easy to make, your skin will love you!
This recipe makes 5-6 lotion bars.
- 3 ounces Beeswax Pastilles
- 2 ounces Shea butter
- 1 ounce Coconut oil
- 3 fl. ounces Calendula herbal oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Buckthorn co2 extract
- 20 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 7 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 10 drops Blood Orange essential oil
- Weigh (using a kitchen scale) out the beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil.
- Measure calendula herbal oil in measuring cup.
- Measure sea buckthorn oil
- In a 5ml bottle combine sandalwood, patchouli and blood orange essential oils. Shake a bit to get the essential oils to combine.
- Put beeswax pastilles into top pan of double boiler (or pyrex 4 cup measuring glass to be placed in a pan containing 1 - 1½ cup water).
- Allow beeswax to melt a bit and then add Shea butter and Coconut oil.
- Once this is almost all melted, add in calendula oil.
- Stir with stainless steel fork until well combined and all ingredients have melted.
- Remove from heat and wipe bottom of pan with hand towel to remove all moisture from outside of pan (or glass measuring cup).
- Add essential oil synergy (you can choose any essential oils you would like!)
- Stir quickly to combine ingredients with essential oils.
- Pour into silicon mold.
- Allow to sit on counter until hardened. (approx. 1-2 hours)
- Voila! Ready to use.
- Store extra lotion bars in fridge.
You can order your supplies to make this awesome body lotion bar from Mtn Rose Herbs!
Want to learn more? Consider our Butters, Balms and Salves Certification program!