Aromatic Reflexology is the holistic integration of aromatherapy and reflexology, providing a hands-on technique of merging touch with aroma. Throughout Saturday we will cover the basics of foot reflexology and review its history, therapeutic benefits, and contraindications. The basics of aromatherapy, the philosophy of aromatic reflexology and over 20 essential oils will be covered. Time will be allotted for practice during the afternoon.
Throughout the day on Sunday you will learn how to create dynamic spa treatments to enhance your aromatic reflexology sessions utilizing medicinal herbs, honey, salt, clay, sugar, fruit, other raw material, blending and unique applications. You will be able to offer a number of new and innovative treatments for your clients upon completion of the program.
This is a practice based program open to all who are interested in reflexology and aromatherapy.
We have found that students taking the Aromatic Reflexology certificate program are primarily interested in:
- Enhancing an existing health care or esthetic practice
- Merging touch with aromatherapy
- Advancing their knowledge of aromatherapy for bodywork applications
How do I become certified with the Aromatic Reflexology Certificate Program?
The Aromatic Reflexology certification program was established in February of 1992 and has been updated and redesigned in 2010. This course provides 32 CE hours for Registered aromatherapists (RA) and 32 CE hours for massage therapists.
In order to receive the East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies certification students must:
- Attend all live classes
- Complete 5 case studies on family, friends, self, or existing and willing clients.
- Send in completed case studies to school for review.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 32 CE Hours for massage therapists.
- Foundations of Aromatherapy, Spa and Reflexology
- Explorations of the feet and reflexology sessions
- Anatomy of the foot including reflex points: the Ingham method
- Integrating Aromatherapy with Reflexology
- In depth exploration of 25 Essential oils to be used for Aromatic Reflexology.
- Learn about unique spa enhancements including herbs, honey, salt, clay, sugar, fruit, and other raw material.
- Experiential work: Integrating aroma with touch
Upon successful completion of Aromas and the Mind you will be able to:
- Perform a complete Aromatic reflexology session
- Create dynamic and creative spa treatments to integrate into reflexology sessions
- Feel confident in the use of over 20 essential oils
- Discuss the benefits of aromatic reflexology
Course Enrollment Information
- 14 hours of live training with East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies approved Instructor (includes some distance learning time as well)
- The Aromatic Reflexology certificate manual designed and written by Jade Shutes, B.A., Dipl. AT
- The use of over 25 organic or wild crafted ‘therapeutic grade’ essential oils, a variety of base materials
- An extensive list of resources for quality products
- Information about various Aromatherapy organizations and journals
- Access to network with other graduates online
- Discounts on additional materials/kits from our select suppliers
- Review of case studies and exam.
- CE hours for massage therapists. (32 with case studies, 14 without case studies)
- Certificate for Aromatic Reflexology.
- Issuance of Certificate.
Students will create and take home at least three of the following products:
- Bath salts
- Foot Cream
- Spa exfolliant
- Aromatic synergy: for foot bath
- Foot mask: clay or mud
Anyone may register for this class. To find a course in your area please see our: Calendar of Events