Have you always wanted to be a teacher for aromatherapy? The Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program is designed to support, enhance and empower individuals to teach Aroma101: Foundations certification program as well as a range of introductory classes for the public and/or healthcare practitioners. Aromatherapy is proving to be one of the most exciting fields of study and holistic health care in the 21st century. As Aromatherapy continues to grow in such diverse fields as Spa, Hospice Care, Holistic and Complementary Healthcare, there is a concurrent need for high quality education and passionate educators.
Our Teacher Training program will empower you to become an extraordinary instructor while also increasing your income, enhancing self-development and becoming an inspiration within your community. In a fun, natural, and holistic environment, we shall delve deeply into the heart of aromatherapy and education while empowering each of you to become competent and highly professional educators in bringing aromatherapy to your community.
The Program: Curriculum
Throughout our days together you will learn what it takes to become an effective aromatherapy educator and how to present the core material for aromatherapy.
We will focus on:
- Stimulating presentations and activities to enhance your connection with aromatic plants and remedies
- Inspirational and powerful communication skills
- Role-playing and feedback
- Classroom problems and situations
- Understanding Learning styles including Auditory, Olfactory, Kinesthetic, and Visual
- Teaching practices, preparation and structure
- Curriculum development and learning objectives
- Overcoming obstacles within the classroom and within our selves
- How to organize, implement and design a class
- How to market and advertise the program including enrollment skills
And much much more! There will be lots of time for lively discussions and exchange of ideas. Throughout each day we will have classroom instruction on theory as well as experiential work with teacher practice and group work. A career as an Aromatherapy Instructor means you will be making a difference in how individuals understand and use aromatherapy for healthcare and well-being. As an instructor you will enjoy knowing that you make a difference in your students lives and experiences with aromatherapy. To be an instructor is to share your incredible gifts with others so that all of us, collectively and individually are empowered.
How do I become certified with the Aromatic Teacher Training Program?
The Aromatherapy Teacher Training program was established in 2010. This course provides 35 CE hours for Registered aromatherapists (RA) and 35 CE hours for massage therapists.
In order to receive the East-West School for Aromatic Studies certification students must:
- Attend all live classes
- Complete two introductory classes with reviews.
- Send in completed reviews and paper sharing your experience of teaching.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 35 CE Hours for massage therapists.
This class is taught exclusively by Jade Shutes, Director of Education for the East-West School for Aromatic Studies. To learn more about our Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program please contact the school at: 919-894-7230.