The Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification Program (Aroma201:AACP) has been designed for natural health practitioners, spa specialists, natural health business owners/entrepreneurs, massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers, and for individuals interested in advancing their knowledge and application of aromatherapy in their business and/or home.It provides 300 hours of training and is one of the most advanced aromatherapy education programs available awarding you the ability to call yourself a ‘Certified Clinical Aromatherapist’ or ‘Certified Advanced Aromatherapy Practitioner’.
Graduates of the Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification Program may obtain professional or business membership with the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and/or the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA). Graduates are eligible to sit the Aromatherapy Registration Exam (ARC).
This is an advanced level class. Aroma101 or equivalent training is a prerequisite. We have found that students taking our Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification program are primarily interested in:
- Developing or expanding on a career in Aromatherapy
- Enhancing an existing health care practice through the use of essential oils
- Integrating natural remedies into home care self care
- Simply advancing their knowledge and applications of aromatherapy
As a rapidly growing complementary health care profession, Aromatherapy offers abundant career opportunities. EWSHAS graduates have gone on to create successful aromatherapy retail businesses, online essential oil and organic body care businesses, botanical perfume lines, therapeutic product lines, hospice/palliative care programs, chakra or yoga based lines, sustainable green businesses, web based radio shows, and consultation services.
How do I become certified with the Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certificate Program?
The Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification program was established in September of 1991 and has been updated and redesigned in 2009. The course is approved by The National Association For Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the WA state Workforce and Training Board.
In order to receive the East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies Advanced certification, approved by NAHA, students must:
- Attend all live classes.
- Complete all modules in the Aroma201 AACP program.
- Complete 14 case studies on family, friends, self, or existing and willing clients.
- Complete final exam.
- Write a 8-10 page paper on a subject of your choice.
- Present final paper, sit and pass final exam, submit case studies.
- Passing Grade of 70% or higher.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 56 CE Hours for massage therapists.
- Review of Foundations
- Advanced Botany: Chemotypes, Morphology and Species
- Aromatic Applications for the Skin ™
- Aromas and the Mind
- Becoming an Aromatherapist: The Practice & Business of Aromatherapy
- Chemistry by and for the Aromatherapist
- Integrating Aromatic Medicine in Home and Traditional Healthcare settings ™
- Aromatherapy Case Studies
- Aromatherapy Paper (topic of your choice based upon your interest)
Upon successful completion of Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification program you will be able to:
- Fully integrate aromatherapy into an existing practice
- Create an aromatherapy based business
- Care for self, family and others utilizing essential oils
- Expand and deepen your knowledge and application of aromatherapy
- Sit the Aromatherapy Registration exam (if desired)
- Design and create a range of aromatherapeutic products
- Launch new aromatherapy business and/or practice
Career opportunities for graduates of the Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification Program:
What are East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies graduates doing?
- Creating dynamic therapeutic aromatherapy products and/or organic body care lines
- Designing and creating botanical perfumes
- Establishing on-line website stores selling aromatic and herbal products
- Educating the public and healthcare practitioners about aromatherapy
- Writing articles for aromatherapy magazines, online publications and health magazines
- Integrating aromatherapy into an existing practice to enhance client health
Course Enrollment Information
Tuition: $2000 – 2250.**
**Tuition may vary slightly from location to location. See Calendar of Events.
- 7 to 8 months (1 weekend a month) of training with East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies approved Instructor (includes some distance learning time as well)
- The Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certificate program manual designed and written by Jade Shutes, BA, Dipl. AT
- The use of over 60 organic or wild crafted ‘therapeutic grade’ essential oils, a variety of base materials (vegetable oils, glycerin, beeswax, exfolliants, etc.)
- Full materia medica profiles over 50 essential oils
- An extensive list of resources for quality products
- Information about various Aromatherapy organizations and journals
- Access to network with other graduates online
- Discounts on additional materials/kits from our select suppliers
- Review of case studies and exam
- CE hours for massage therapists
- Issuance of Certificate
Students will create and take home at least fourteen of the following products:
- Essential oil inhalers
- Bath salts
- Cream or Lotion
- Massage oil
- Salt scrubs
- Face wash/cleanser
- Body wash
- Body butters
- Facial exfolliant
- Facial oil
- Hydrosol or aromatic spritzer sprays
- Synergy for steam inhalation
- Cough syrup
- Herbal oil infusion
- Vanilla body oil
- Herbal tea
- Hand sanitizer
- The Aromatic First Aid Kit
Individuals holding a minimum of a Foundations level training or a minimum of 5 years experience with aromatherapy may register for this class. To find a course in your area please see our: Calendar of Events