Hibiscus Rose Sugar Scrub
by Jade Shutes
A great cooling sugar scrub for the summer months!
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (finely ground)
- 1/2 cup Dried Rose petals
- 1/2 cup Dried Hibiscus petals
- 1/2 cup Vanilla infused jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup calendula oil
Instructions to make:
1. Measure out all ingredients and place in individual bowls.
2. Grind Rose petals and Hibiscus flowers into a fine powder. Use a coffee grinder devoted to plants!
3. Using a mortar and pestle, grind dried cardamom seeds.
4. Combine brown sugar, cane sugar, ground rose petals/hibiscus flowers and ground cardamom seeds together. Stir until well combined.
5. Slowly add in Vanilla infused jojoba oil and calendula oil to desired consistency.
6. Be sure all ingredients are well combined. Then add in essential oils.
7. Essential oils:
- 14 drops Elemi (Canarium luzonicum)
- 7 drops Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- 8 drops Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata)
8. Stir until well combined. Then place scrub into a clean jar for storage. Label and use!
I have been using this scrub for the past two weeks and LOVE it! Hope you enjoy it as well!