Aroma 101: Foundations of Aromatherapy Certification Program
To learn more and to register, please email Katie at: Katie Vie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
at Katie Vie’s studio in Marshall, NC
July 13-15 & July 27-29 (don’t worry, I have A/C!)
About the Program:
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 40 CE Hours for massage therapists.
- Aromatherapy Foundations
- The Holistic Framework
- Essential Oils Study
- The Quality of Essential Oils
- The Therapeutic and Energetic Properties of 20 Essential Oils
- Safety and contraindications
- Aromatic Skincare
- Olfaction and Aroma Psychology
- Methods of Application
- Blending Approaches and Techniques
- Aromatic Treatment Design and Implementation
- Self care and Healthcare with Aromatherapy.
- Basic Chemistry of Essential Oils
- Basic Case study for family, friends and existing healthcare professionals.
- What to do next?
Upon successful completion of Aroma101: Foundations you will be able to:
- Discuss the history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
- Compare and contrast a true essential oil with a fragrance oil.
- Identify key elements in determining the quality of an essential oil.
- Understand and discuss methods of production and the various end products these methods produce.
- Identify the origins and purpose of an essence in a plant.
- Define what an essential oil is and how it is produced.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 20 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information, and key therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
- Understand current up-to-date information on safety and essential oils.
- Describe the basic physiology of the skin and its key functions.
- Design an effective blend for a basic skincare.
- Describe the basic anatomy & physiology of the sense of smell.
- Specify key parts of the limbic system and their function.
- Create a blend of essential oils for an emotional purpose.
- List and describe various methods of application techniques and delivery systems.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the chemistry of essential oils.
- Design aromatic blends for a range of common household ailments.
- Assess your needs for advanced education in aromatherapy.
- Develop clear career goals and a path to become an Aromatherapist.
You will learn about the following essential oils:
- Clary sage: Salvia sclarea
- Roman Chamomile: Chamaemelum nobile syn. Anthemis nobilis
- Cypress: Cupressus sempervirens
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus globulus
- Fennel: Foeniculum vulgare
- Frankincense: Boswellia carteii syn. thurifera
- Geranium: Pelargonium graveolens
- Ginger: Zingiber officinale
- Grapefruit: Citrus paradisi
- Lavender: Lavandula angustifolia
- Lemon: Citrus limon
- Lemongrass: Cymbopogon citratus
- Orange: Citrus sinensis
- Patchouli: Pogostemom cablin
- Peppermint: Mentha x piperita
- Rosemary: Rosmarinus officinalis
- Tangerine/Mandarin: Citrus reticulata
- Tea Tree: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Vetiver: Vetiveria zizanoides
- Ylang ylang: Cananga odorata
Career opportunities for graduates of the Aroma101 Foundations Aromatherapy Certificate Program:
What are East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies graduates doing?
- Creating dynamic therapeutic aromatherapy products and/or organic body care lines
- Designing and creating botanical perfumes
- Establishing on-line website stores selling aromatic and herbal products
- Educating the public and healthcare practitioners about aromatherapy
- Writing articles for aromatherapy magazines, online publications and health magazines
- Integrating aromatherapy into an existing practice to enhance client health
To learn more and to register, please email Katie at:
Katie Vie <email@example.com>