Homemade Body Lotion Bar
Author: Jade Shutes
Recipe type: Body Lotion Bar
- 3 ounces Beeswax Pastilles
- 2 ounces Shea butter
- 1 ounce Coconut oil
- 3 fl. ounces Calendula herbal oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Buckthorn co2 extract
- 20 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 7 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 10 drops Blood Orange essential oil
- Weigh (using a kitchen scale) out the beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil.
- Measure calendula herbal oil in measuring cup.
- Measure sea buckthorn oil
- In a 5ml bottle combine sandalwood, patchouli and blood orange essential oils. Shake a bit to get the essential oils to combine.
- Put beeswax pastilles into top pan of double boiler (or pyrex 4 cup measuring glass to be placed in a pan containing 1 - 1½ cup water).
- Allow beeswax to melt a bit and then add Shea butter and Coconut oil.
- Once this is almost all melted, add in calendula oil.
- Stir with stainless steel fork until well combined and all ingredients have melted.
- Remove from heat and wipe bottom of pan with hand towel to remove all moisture from outside of pan (or glass measuring cup).
- Add essential oil synergy (you can choose any essential oils you would like!)
- Stir quickly to combine ingredients with essential oils.
- Pour into silicon mold.
- Allow to sit on counter until hardened. (approx. 1-2 hours)
- Voila! Ready to use.
- Store extra lotion bars in fridge.
Recipe by East West Aroma School at http://theida.com/homemade-body-lotion-bar/