Empowering you to create dynamic, organic and natural personal care products: An online certification program
Join us for this multimedia based certification program designed to empower you in creating dynamic and organic body care products. The East-West School for Aromatic Studies has put together one of the most comprehensive online courses to learn how to make 100% natural organic personal care products ranging from cleansers and toners to body butters and salves. You will also learn how to incorporate Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure the longevity of your business. Enhance your business, practice and life!
Register today! Tuition: $575.
Details about the Organic Body Care Products Certification Program
The Organic Body Care Products Certification Program has been designed for aromatherapists, massage therapists, estheticians, entrepreneurs/business owners, herbalists, and individuals interested in learning how to formulate a wide range of personal care or body care products.
This program covers 100 hours of training. This is an advanced-level class. Aroma101 or similar course of study is recommended but not required. This class can be taken by anyone, but we’ve found that students are primarily interested in:
- Developing a new range of natural herbal and aromatic products
- Enhancing their knowledge of organic body care and the skin
- Integrating homemade personal care products into ones life and family life
- Learning how to formulate organic body care products for seasonal offerings in a massage or esthetic practice.
EWSAS graduates have gone on to create successful aromatherapy retail businesses, online essential oil and organic body care businesses, botanical perfume businesses, therapeutic product lines, chakra or yoga based lines, sustainable green businesses, web based radio shows, and consultation services.
How do I become certified with the Organic Body Care Products Certification Program?
In order to receive the East-West School for Aromatic Studies certification students must:
- Complete all modules in the Organic Body Care Products Certification Program
- Complete final exam.
Module One: Understanding the skin
- In-depth coverage of the Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
- The psychology of the skin
- Maintaining the health of the Skin
Module Two: The Base Ingredients
- Essential oils including safety issues
- Herbal oils
- Vegetable oils
- Herbal Extracts
Module Three: Product Formulation
- Equipment needs
- Measurement conversion charts: grams, ounces, milliliters, etc.
- Dilution chart for essential oils
- GMP Blank forms
- Cost Accounting: how to and sample spread sheets
Products: Each product section includes:
_____ Ingredient Supplies list
_____ Directions on how to make with photos &/or webinars &/or video
- Cleansers and Toners
- Exfoliants (includes salt and sugar scrubs and other natural ingredients for facial scrubs) and Clays
- Facial Serums (elixirs) and Body Oils
- Butters/Balms and Salves
- Creams and lotions
- Gel based products
- Please note: this program does not cover soap making or hair care products.
Module Four: Good Manufacturing Practices and Labeling requirements for US and Canada. Also has links to GMP standards in Europe.
Learn how to implement Good Manufacturing Practices to create a thriving and sustainable business.
Module Five: Formulating based on skin types
- Western skin types
- Ayurveda and the skin
Module Six: Formulating seasonal care products
Module Seven: Resources including supplies, insurance, organic certifying agencies, and much more!!!!
Throughout the program will be many recipes and ideas for products!
It is open registration throughout the year. This is a self paced course. You will be provided with lifetime access to the course upon registration. There is no time limit although we recommend you complete the program within one year.
Students will be able to:
- Effectively and thoroughly explain the anatomy and physiology of the skin.
- Design and create a range of herbal and aromatic skincare products
- Implement Good Manufacturing Practices and proper labeling of products.
- Design and create skin care products based upon seasonal variations and/or western/Ayurvedic skin types.
- List and describe the therapeutic benefits of a wide range of essential oils and base materials for the skin.
- And Much much more!
Program will include:
- Exclusive course material written by Jade Shutes
- Book on Good Manufacturing Practices by Marie Gale
- Student forum to interact with other students and instructor
- Recommended Suppliers
Hours: 100 hours
To receive certification, you will need to:
- Complete all lessons and experiential work.
- Successfully pass final exam. (70% or higher)
Register today! Tuition: $575.
SPECIAL OFFER: Organic Body Care Product + Aromatic Applications for the Skin
Register for both the Organic Body Care Certification and the Aromatic Applications for the Skin and receive a 150.Savings! $700.00 for both the Organic Body Care Products Certification program and the Aromatic Applications for the Skin Program