Join us for our new clinical aromatherapy certification program devoted to deepening your understanding of essential oils for the skin. The East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies has worked for over a year to put together one of the only aromatherapy programs devoted to aromatherapy and the skin.
Tuition only: $275.00
About the Program: Aromatic Applications for the Skin
The Aromatic Applications for the Skin Certificate program is an aromatherapy education program designed for massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers, retailers, product creators, and individuals interested in exploring the applications of essential oils to the skin for therapeutic benefit.
This is an advanced level training program and is a module from our Advanced Aromatherapy Certification program. A Foundations level training is recommended but not required. This class can be taken by anyone, but we’ve found that students are primarily interested in:
- Designing aromatherapy bath and body care products
- Enhancing an existing health care or esthetic practice
- Integrating natural body care products into home care self care
- Advancing their knowledge of aromatherapy for the skin
How do I become certified with the Aromatic Applications for the Skin Certificate Program?
In order to receive the East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies certification, students must:
- Complete all modules in the Aromatic Applications for the Skin program.
- Complete 7 case studies on family, friends, self, or existing and willing clients.
- Complete final exam (requested when ready to take).
- Send in final exam and 7 case studies.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 40 CE Hours for massage therapists (including NCBTMB and Florida), 61 hours for Registered Aromatherapists.
- Anatomy of the skin
- Ph and transepidermal water loss/natural moisturizing factor
- The skin as a pathway onto and into the body
- Essential oils as novel penetration enhancers
- Aromatic psychodermatology
- Safety and the skin
- 25 essential oils: Materia medica for the skin
- Base materials for the skin including: carrier oils and herbal infusions
- Methods of Application for the Skin
- Moisturizers, Gels, Salves, Cleansers, Toners, Exfoliants, Clays
- How to create a wide range of products for the skin
- Skin analysis including Ayurvedic understanding of skin types
- Disorders of the skin and treatment approaches
- List of suppliers
Upon successful completion of Aromatic Applications for the Skin, you will be able to:
- Describe the physiology of the skin including the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous layers.
- Describe how essential oils can affect the immune system and the cells responsible for this potential action.
- Specify key physiological, chemical and psychological functions of the skin..
- Explain how primary wound healing occurs and the 10 most important factors which influence the skins health.
- List and discuss 8 analytical categories of the skin.
- Describe the unique characteristics of the 7 ‘skin types’.
- Apply essential oils to the skin safely.
- Identify the key therapeutic actions of essential oils and hydrosols on the skin.
- Create an herbal oil.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various vegetable oils and the importance of quality.
- List and discuss the therapeutic benefits of the main nutrients found in vegetable carrier oils used for skincare and massage.
- List and define over 15 common issues of the skin.
- Apply your knowledge of essential oils to the skin for 5 common skin issues.
- Make a therapeutic salve, skincare cream, salt scrub, cleanser, exfoliant, toner and massage oil.
- List and describe the 3 aspects of a basic facial care regime.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of herbal and vegetable oils, hydrosols and essential oils, by creating a skincare cream, toner, exfoliant, and cleanser.
- Create dynamic aromatic body care products.
Course Enrollment Information
Tuition: $ 275.
- Exclusive Aromatic Applications for the Skin Online Manual
- Life time access to the Aromatic Applications for the Skin online program
- Email/phone tutorial support
- Review of case studies and exam.
- Certificate for Aromatic Applications for the Skin, 61 hours.
- CE hours for massage therapists and registered aromatherapists.
- Student kits and/or supplies to be purchased separately. Student kits are available to purchase from Stillpoint Aromatics. (see below)
- Stillpoint Aromatic Basic Kit OR Stillpoint Aromatics Complete Kit
Anyone may register for this class. A Foundations level aromatherapy education is recommended but not required.
Tuition only: $275.00
SPECIAL OFFER: Organic Body Care Product + Aromatic Applications for the Skin
Register for both the Organic Body Care Certification and the Aromatic Applications for the Skin and receive a 150.Savings! $700.00 for both the Organic Body Care Products Certification program and the Aromatic Applications for the Skin Program