Natural Respiratory Salve by Jade Shutes
- Double boiler
- Stainless steel fork
- Measuring cup
- Scale (to weigh beeswax)
- Kitchen towel (to dry bottom of pan)
- 1 ounce beeswax
- 1 1/8 cup sesame oil (other other vegetable oil)
- 6-8 50ml salve jars (can use 25ml jars)
- 4ml Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
- 7ml Eucalyptus globulus (or E. radiata)
- 9ml Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis ct. cineole)
- You can also add in tea tree or lemon (just a few drops of each)
Steps to make:
Step One: Measure sesame oil and weigh beeswax
Step Two: Add beeswax to double boiler.
Step Three: Once beeswax is almost melted, add in sesame oil.
Step Four: Stir salve mixture with fork or whisk to make sure it is well combined. NOTE: You can take a tablespoon of the warmed salve mixture and place in freezer to harden to make sure it is the texture you would like. If it is too hard, add more oil. If it is too soft, add more beeswax.
Step Five: Add 3-4ml of essential oil synergy to each jar. (I like our respiratory salve to be a bit on the strong side.)
Step Six: Remove salve mixture from heat and wipe bottom so that it is dry. (you don’t want water getting into your salve).
Step Seven: Pour salve mixture into each jar. I pour into one jar, cap and shake then move onto the next jar.
Step Nine: Once they have completely cooled and hardened, the salve is ready to use. Be sure to label. Share with family and friends! This is an awesome salve. I rub onto my sons chest and back and also his feet when he has a cold. He loves it.